Friday 28 May 2010

THE UNKNOWN


As far as I recall I have always struggled with my weight, as a child i was the chubby one and my mom had to buy me the pants with the bigger waist and shorten them and as a adult I don't remember ever seeing the size 8 and 10s the first outfit I bought myself was a size 16.
After years of dieting in my adult life i started to realise that your will power can only take u so far and I started to seek out other ways to help myself so i visited my doctor and they put me on a drug called xenical ,now im sure many people know this drug and have felt the catastrophic side effects lol .
After 5 years of taking xenical i took myself from 280 lbs to 225lbs and the pills just stopped working it was at this point i seeked advise about the surgery .
I live in the u.k so I was told of a doctor who dose it privately and the cost was £8'000 now i was willing to go into debt to do this but i watched a program that said any one who BMI 40+ qualified to have this op free on NHS ( national health service ) .
Anyway to cut a long story short I managed to get myself placed on a waiting list in 2007 .
As i was going through the motions of the process i fell pregnant , now this was great news for me as i had been trying for a baby for many years but it made my opp get put on hold!

After my amazing son was born in July 2009 i weight 211lbs and felt great happy thinking I wont need the opp any more but boy was i wrong , the weight started to pile back on with avengence and within 7 months i was back up to 264lbs and boy did I feel gross so i decided to go ahead with in and hear I am 12 days to go till the big day x



No comments:

Post a Comment